– HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM –
TRANSFERRING YOUR VOUCHER FROM BENICIA
TRANSFER PROCEDURES – HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM
- Provide a copy of MUTUAL AGREEMENT or 30 day notice to the Housing Authority.
- Complete a REQUEST TO TRANSFER – OUT OF JURISDICTION form.
- Provide current family composition and income verification with a current Tenant Information Packet.
- If you owe a balance on the Security Deposit Loan OR a Fraud Recovery Repayment Agreement, it must be paid in full before the transfer is paid.
Staff will notify you when your transfer has been mailed to the receiving Housing Authority. Please allow up to (10) ten business days for the Housing Authority to process your request.
TRANSFERRING YOUR VOUCHER TO BENICIA
Be advised that we do not accept hand delivered portability packets. Your packet must be sent directly from your current Housing Authority. If you have any changes to your household composition or income, you must report them to your current Housing Authority and have the changes included in your portability packet.
Processing may take up to 30 days from the date the packet is received. Please make sure you allow enough time for the transfer to take place.